- The types of information collected when You purchase, download, install, register with, access, and/or use any of our Services.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing such information.
- How You can manage, update, or delete that information.
This Policy applies only to information collected while You use the Services and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Services, including push notifications received for check-in through external Bluetooth proximity beacons.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or from websites You may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how We will treat it. If You do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use our Services. We reserve the right and sole discretion to amend, change or replace this Policy at any time (see Changes to Our Policy). You will be notified about any updates to this Policy and will be prompted to accept such changes. Your continued use of the Services after any changes are made by us is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We might collect information:
- Directly from You when You provide it to us.
- Automatically when You use the Services.
Information You Provide to Us
When You make use of the Services, We may ask You to provide:
- "Personal Information" in connection with your use of the Services such as name, date of birth, age, gender, sexual orientation, race, medical history, medical treatment including prescribed medications, address, e-mail, telephone number, username, password, etc. Personal Information is collected when You establish an account with us upon your request for a Reference ID from your healthcare provider, when You send information while using the Services or when You communicate with us about the Services.
- Information such as geographic location, full-face photographs or images, healthcare record numbers, account numbers, device identifiers, certificate or license numbers, insurance card images, device details and device name, biometric identifiers (including facial recognition and speech recognition data), and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- That is about You but individually does not identify You. This information might include:
- Information that You provide by completing forms while using the Services, for example, registration information, subscription to our services, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask You for information when You report a problem with the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if You contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask You to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries while using the Services.
- Records and copies of messages sent while using the Services.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When You download, access, and use the Services, they might use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on or through the Services. We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience or our customer service.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device, including mobile device, and internet connection, including the device’s unique identifier, IP address used to connect your device to the Internet, operating system, application programming interface, browser type, mobile network and/or Wi-Fi information, Bluetooth settings, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, phone library, calendar, and address book information. Location Information (Mobile Devices). The Services might collect real-time information about the location of your mobile device. If You do not want us to collect this information You can turn off Location Services on your mobile device at any time.
- Camera and Microphone. The Services might have access to your device’s camera and/or microphone. If You do not want us to have access to your device’s camera and/or microphone You can turn off the camera and/or microphone access on your device at any time.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies We use for automatic information collection might include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if You select this setting or reject the cookies You may be unable to access or use the Services.
- Web Beacons. The Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count the number of users of the Services who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
We may disclose your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates; to our contractors, service providers, and other third parties hired to support the Services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it is disclosed to them; to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about You is among the assets transferred; to fulfill the purpose for which You provide it to us; or for any other purpose disclosed by us when You provide the information.
Furthermore, when You access or use the Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about You or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Payment processing companies.
- Location technologies provider.
- Cloud Platform providers.
The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or with your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide You with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If You have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, You should contact the responsible third party directly.
How We Use Your Information
We might use your Personal Information to:
- Provide You with the Services and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that You request from us.
- Fulfill any purpose for which You provide it.
- Give You notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and us, including for billing and collection, if applicable.
- Notify You about updates and/or changes to the Services.
- Improve the Services, ensure that the Services are working as intended and/or address any troubleshooting.
The usage of information We might collect helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize You when You access or use the Services.
We may also use your information to contact You about other goods and services that may be of interest to You. If You do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about You, and information that does not identify You or your device, without restriction.
Also, We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about You is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it. For example, if You give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Services, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when You provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or our safety or that of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
Your Choices about our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide You with choices regarding the Personal Information You provide to us. This section describes mechanisms We provide for You to control certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information.
- Tracking Technologies. The Services might collect real-time information about the location of your device. You can set your browser to stop tracking your device, refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert You when cookies are being sent.
- Our promotions. If You do not want us to use your contact information to promote our products or services, You can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review, change or delete your Personal Information by accessing the Services and visiting your account profile page. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Links to other services
We might provide links to other services, including web portals and mobile applications, not owned, or controlled by us. We do this because the information in those services might be of interest or use to You. While We do our best to ensure your privacy, We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of other services. A link to services not controlled or owned by us, does not necessarily constitute, or imply our endorsement to such services. Furthermore, We cannot guarantee your privacy, or the quality or accuracy of information presented on those services. Use or submission of data to such services shall be at your sole risk. We encourage You to review the privacy practices of any services that you access and/or use.
The Services are intended for persons of legal age in your place of residence, and We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under legal age. If We learn that We have collected or received personal information from a person under legal age without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If You believe We might have any information from or about a minor under legal age, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see California Privacy Rights for more information.
Privacy Notice to California Residents under CCPA
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California residents are granted consumer rights that We are prepared to uphold upon request:
- The right to know which personal information is being collected.
- The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom.
- The right to object to the sale of personal data.
- The right to access one's personal information.
- The right to request that We delete any of your personal information that We collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to equal service and price, even for consumers who exercise their privacy rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights Under CCPA
You have the right to request that We disclose certain information to You about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once We receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, We will disclose to You:
- The categories of personal information We collected about You.
- The categories of sources for the personal information We collected about You.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom We share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information We collected about You (also called a data portability request).
- If We sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 510-228-4845
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only You, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify You are the person about whom We collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide You with personal information if We cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to You. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require You to create an account with us. However, We do consider requests made through your password-protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to the Personal Information associated with that specific account. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If We require more time (up to 90 days), We will inform You of the reason and extension period in writing. If You have an account with us, We will deliver our written response to that account. If You do not have an account with us, We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures We provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response We provide will also explain the reasons why We cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, We will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If We determine that the request warrants a fee, We will tell You why we made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives residents of the state of California the right to prevent businesses from selling their personal information. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose Personal Information collected through the Services to third parties in the ordinary course of business. However, certain third-party providers who perform support activities may have limited access in order to fulfill any transaction associated with user activities within the Services.
Nevertheless, in support of California residents and CCPA, We inform You of your rights if in the future the sale of information is foreseen. We shall update the Policy for California residents and appropriately inform You of the update. If you are 16 years of age or older, You have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We will not sell the Personal Information of consumers We know are less than 16 years of age, unless We receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. We will provide an opt-out and an opt-in option in both cases and a link for You to submit your request. In the event You make an opt-out request, We will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking You to reauthorize Personal Information sales. However, You may change your mind and opt back into Personal Information sales as instructed in the updated Policy. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny You goods or services.
- Charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide You a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that You may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
To the extent required by state and federal law, the Services shall comply in all material respects with all state and federal laws, regulations, rules, or orders applicable to the Services, including but not limited to regulations promulgated under Title II, Subtitle F of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (Public Law 104-91) (“HIPAA”) as amended, and the protection of any Protected Health Information (“PHI”).
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. This includes the implementation of an authentication process (username and password) and data encryption to ensure that Personal Information is transmitted securely. Furthermore, all information You provide to us is stored on a console accessible only through authorized user credentials or on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and Personal Information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on You. If We have given you (or You have chosen) a password to access or use the Services, You are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although We do take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures We provide.
Changes to Our Policy
We may update our Policy from time to time. We shall notify You about any changes to this Policy and shall require you to accept such updated Policy. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring that We have your up-to-date active and deliverable contact information and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
If You have any questions about this Policy, our information handling practices, or any other aspects of your privacy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Our mailing address is 3100 CARR 199 STE 402 San Juan PR 00926 or, you may call us at 510-228-4845.